I love having Followers, Thank You

Saturday, January 03, 2009

Isn't this ADORABLE! Came in a Christmas Card from a fellow crafter. Denise you rock!
9 Rectangles for Warm Up America. I'll be making more, trying to use up some odds and ends. This was one of my January focuses, remember. This will be going to James (from one of my groups) to put together. I could save postage by dropping off at a local JoAnne, Michaels, or yarn shop; but like the idea of joining them. They'll get distributed quicker that way to those in need.
When finished this will be mailed to my daughter. It's double strand. A thin purple yarn blended with a multi-colored homespun. I love the feel of homespun, but am always irritated at the quality of the skeins. This 1 had 2 knots, plus one area of badly twisted yarn I had to mess with. They really have some quality assurence issues. This isn't the first time this has happened to me working with this yarn. I quit buying it, but daughter loves it and brought the yarn home for me to make her a scarf.

Almost done with a black, grey, and white scarf (should be by tomorrow), for The Bridge Project.

Finished putting away the rest of the Christmas Decorations today.

I'll pick up the looking back (family story) in my next post.

5 comments:

  1. Adorable items,especially the little hat and mittens. Don't you just hate issues with yarn! I refuse to buy "Colinette Jitterbug" for that very reason.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, that scarf looks so cool! :] I know how you feel about homespun yarn. It's a pain to knit with.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous7:17 AM

    Lovely!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey girl,
    I just want you to know that my "scarf" looks like I have mutilated a small fuzzy animal. Sad, very very sad. Maybe I will stick with my persuit of a very hot looking vampire. LOL I never ever read but this perticular series was very capitivating for me. Keep in touch! hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know how you feel about Homespun and other yarns with knots in them. I was getting really frustrated in December with some of the skeins I was using. But I soldiered on and just wove more ends in!

    The afghan squares look so pretty in that picture. I love the color arrangement!

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE leave your name and url. Do NOT use anonymous. You can use hyperlinks to take me to your blog as well, so that I might return the favor of a blog visit. Profile links, Google links DO NOT take me directly to your blog, but name url does.